Word Challenge is an app meant to help learn 800 high frequency words in English, their pronunciation and spelling. The program is divided into 32 levels, each having 25 words. To practice the 800 words, you can choose between 3 modes:
- Practice: This mode will show you the 25 words of the current level, in alphabetical order. By pressing the “Listen” button, you can listen how it’s pronounced as many times as you need. In this mode, you can access any level in any order.
- Random: In this mode you will have the 25 words shuffled, with a blank space, that is, a letter has been taken away so it has to be filled. This mode is considered a “Practice mode”, where you can try any level, however, you won’t receive any trophies.
- Write: Here you won’t see the words at all, but you will still be able to listen to them. Your objective is to type the whole word correctly. This is also considered a “Test” mode, which will award you with trophies based on your score. In this mode, levels should be taken in the order they have been previously setup.
If you complete a level in “Test mode” (“Write” mode), you will be awarded with a trophy, based on your score. These trophies can be seen by clicking in the box with your name on the top right corner. Trophies are classified as follows:
- Wood: This is the lowest trophy obtainable, that requires you to get only one word right.
- Bronze: You will be awarded with a bronze trophy if you get between 16 and 19 words right.
- Silver: You will be awarded with a silver trophy if you get between 20 and 23 words right.
- Gold: You will be awarded with a gold trophy if you get 24 words right.
- Emerald: You will be awarded with a emerald trophy if you get every word words right.
Want to try out the game? Click below to download it from the Developer's site: